ABOUT THE PARODY PROJECT
The Parody Project was founded in August of 2017 by Film-maker/composer Don Caron, as a means of surviving the current political and social mire by laughing and helping others to do the same.
Parody has been an active and important part of contemporary culture for centuries. Whether in literature, theater, film or art, rarely does a day go by when an example of a parody is not widely visible. And it can be seen as ridicule but it can also be viewed as flattery. How you choose to view it says more about you than it does about the parody itself.
ABOUT DON CARON
For over 40 years Don Caron has been active in the entertainment industry as a composer, choreographer, pianist, sound engineer, editor, screenwriter, author, producer, and director. He has composed extensively for orchestra, choir and chamber groups and his music has been performed and heard world-wide. Commissions include the symphonic work “Paradigm Shifts” commissioned for the 50th anniversary of the Spokane Symphony through a grant from the Olga Ferrai Foundation of New York. His music is available on CDBaby.com.
Co-writer and Co-director of the feature film Different Drummers. (Grand Remington for best screenplay at WorldFest Houston, Platinum Remington for Best Family Movie.)
Director of the documentaries “Forty Years in the Making,” The Elucidation of Different Drummers,” and co-director of “The Anatomy of a Ballet Class.”
Co-writer of the screenplay and composer of the choral/orchestral score for the feature film The Basket, produced by North by Northwest and released in 1999 by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. The Basket was awarded The Crystal Heart Award at the Heartland Film Festival, Director’s Gold Award at the International Family Film Festival, and the Best Film for Families by MovieGuide Awards.
Caron’s screenplay “The Pull” was awarded a Platinum Remington for Best Romantic Screenplay at the WorldFest Houston International Film Festival in 2008.
Way back in 2002 he was awarded “Composer of the Year” by the WA Music Teachers National Association.
- Co-founder and co-director of Art Growers Association (with Elizabeth Carlssohn), a Washington State non-profit specializing in teaching materials for dance
- Founder and Director of Composers’ Conspiracy, a non-profit organization which presented concerts of music by contemporary composers. (see “Celebrating Five Years at the Met, produced by Don Caron)
- Sound Supervisor at North by Northwest Productions and North by Northwest Entertainment
- Co-director of Different Drummers, LLC a movie production company
- Owner and operator of Chef Caron (a DBA of Rhotus LLC) an online distributor of BBQ and wine implements.
- The First Class Albums, music for ballet class – four volumes –Roles: pianist, composer, producer
- The Legendary Davenport Hotel, documentary soundtrack –Roles: composer, recording engineer, mixer, producer
- Four Ambiguous Options, orchestral and chamber music –Roles: composer, keyboards, recordist, mixer, producer
- The Basket feature film soundtrack. –Roles: composer, orchestrator, conductor, producer
- Different Drummers feature film soundtrack with original songs by Greg Gower. – Roles: composer, orchestrator
- Victor – The Musical a full length sung-through musical based in Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein with lyrics by Kim Gannon. – Roles: composer, producer, recording engineer and mixer.
MUSIC BY DON CARON AVAILABLE ON CDBABY